We knew that this was going to be a fun D&D in view of the very creative teasers leading up to a night of fun and laughter. As a newbie in the division, I was quickly brought up to speed on the seriousness of this night and that we were dressing to win. I LOVE like-minded individuals. =)
Thus, weeks were spent brainstorming for ideas before we finally decided on Cosplay. More specifically, this supposedly famous Japanese cartoon called Bleach. In view that this was before most of our times, much research was required to ensure that we were dressed in theme with the characters. We spent hours scrutinizing the photos and selecting the right costumes and make up as well as creating the necessary props. Talk about going all out.
In fact, we were positively busy leading up to THE day just practising for the march in entrance (complete with dance steps to boot!). Till the point where I felt that we had invested so much that whatever value i.e prizes we might garner would not commensurate the effort. However, glory and honour is not quantifiable and competitive individuals that we were, it was all or nothing.
The evidence:
In line with the Christmas season...
A clinic with a view of the Singapore landscape...
Destructive Japanese warrior...as you can see, Barbie has fled in terror
Who we were trying to be...
Giving our best poses...
Geek meets Japanese warrior
Although we made it to the finals, we ultimately lost to a punk rocker group. So we didn't win anything, but
Post note: Fine...I concede that it was still fun but it was one draining preparation and I was tired out even before the event started!
Post 2nd note: In case you were wondering, the D&D team actually adapted our Uniquely Singapore advertisements as part of their publicity efforts. Cute lah...



No comments:
Post a Comment