Nevertheless, we have been jetting off on short breaks while I'm given leeway to indulge in all chocolatey desserts. In addition, I am allowed to stock up on 'quality' household wares as and when Tangs has a sale. *beams*
Reflecting upon the past year, there were definitely more highs than lows in this year of transition and we have been settling down into married life. In recent months, our appreciation for each other definitely increased as well. Thus, there was much anticipation (on my part) and I looked forward to spending quality time together as we reached our FIRST year milestone.
Unfortunately, my very clueless husband thought that this would be like any other Sunday which included lunching with our cell group mates (which is fine on a normal day), catch a movie (which I do enjoy), window shop and finish off with dinner (which was very nearly Food Republic until he saw his wife's withering look).
Fortunately (for him), we ended up at Canton-i at Ion which served decent Cantonese food at good value:
Simply adore the honeyed sesame cashews

Simple but nice [top-left, clockwise]: scrumptious roasted duck, the smoothest ever lychee boat congee, yummy XO carrot cake and succulent wanton noodles
Admittedly, this would have made a great 'date day' and I would have been one happy camper on most days. Nevertheless, it was a case of great expectations on my part and I was more disappointed at the lack of planning (which translated into effort) than the activities that we actually did. After sitting Ed down for a post event evaluation, I realised that it was a case of misalignment and his idea of a great anniversary was simply spending time together doing the things we usually enjoyed.
Sufficiently chastened, he sought to make up for lost time by loading me up with my favourite desserts as well as getting me a very useful gift on our 2nd anniversary day:

My pair of much needed and appreciated purple-hued flats
Looking back, not sure what I was expecting Ed to do. Be it a recap of that special day like re-watching our wedding video or unleashing a surprise on me. Although I was looking for a planned programme in celebration of our first anniversary, what's more important is the rest of our lives that we have together versus making a fuss about one day.
Here's to another year of growing together as a couple...*skips around happily in new shoes*
1 comment:
Haha... what to do with our hubbies? SS was all last minute (note: night before) in booking a restaurant for my bday also. And yah, his idea is also spend the day doing things we normally do. But gotta love them for them being them.
Post a Comment