Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Milestone Weekend

While we have talked about having people over, this only came to pass half a year later when I finally got round to inviting a few classmates over for a homecooked Singapore meal. 

Unfortunately, we have gotten even lazier in Beijing where it can be so tempting to just take things easy, order 外卖 (LOVE the excellent food delivery service) and watch TV. Moreover, Ed's very hectic travelling schedule and my procrastinating ways culminated in time passing way more than it should. 

BUT we finally did it. Over comforting kong bak and chicken rice, it was a good opportunity to catch up with fellow Singaporeans in a more social setting. In case you were wondering, Singlish was also the de rigueur mode of communication. 

House party comprising of Kong Bak and chicken rice. 
With some help from a  Southeast Asian eatery which provided the beef rendang and chap chye
Courtesy of our guests, these cakes were the best I have eaten to-date...
And a tiramisu cake for our second dessert
 Now that we have had our first house party, I must admit it was nice to be able to utilize our kitchen and space to entertain. In fact, I'm reminded that we should really do more with the resources we have. So yes, this would not be the first and last party we will have and I just need to be more intentional in my planning.

An aside, I can't believe 8 months have flown by and I will be spending Christmas in Beijing. Before I know it, it will be time to head back. Time is really too short.

No comments: