Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Panicking


As I mentioned previously, time has flown and I now have slightly more than a month left before my extended departure. Notwithstanding that I am nowhere close to finding a tenant (this is another story altogether), it also dawned on me the need for a packing plan if I hope to get the movers over by 8 April and fly off the very next day. In fact, was re-reminded about the status of my undone list when I had a discussion with Ed the other night to run through outstanding matters. *tears hair out*

To add to my mulling, I recently got an update from Tsinghua that I had been placed on the waiting list and would be informed of the outcome by May. Alas, I have grossly underestimated how difficult it is to get into their IMBA programme. Post some digging around, found out that of the 120-strength cohort, only about 50 international students are accepted each year while a mere 2-3 are Singaporeans. Honestly, the pessimist in me is beginning to wonder if I should have at least made a back-up plan. *takes a deep breath*

At this juncture, I had to intentionally pull myself out of this swirling pool of information and to-dos as I read Psalm 23 all over again:

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Indeed, He is my Jehovah Jireh (The Lord will Provide). Although I have been saying that God's ways are higher than my ways and His plans are perfect, it's time to truly surrender and let God lead. Whatever the outcome, I'm going to trust that this is the best plan for me. It is so easy to lose sight of the bigger to-be-uncovered picture as I trudge along in my preparations for Beijing.

Meanwhile, trying to focus on happy thoughts like my brunch at Dempseys. And yes, I am making up for lost time as evident in the flurry of updates these days.

No comments: