Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

To An Even Better 2013


Now that my exams are over (and I'm worse for wear), at least Winter break has truly begun as I relish the prospect of doing absolutely nothing and catching up on my blog updates. *woohoo*

While I know I say this every year, 2012 did zoom by alot faster than expected largely due to the big move last April and all that I had to do before that. Even re-visiting all that activity is tiring enough!

Looking back, there are so many things to give thanks for surrounding the smooth transition into this new season in Beijing. While it was good to finally close the distance with each other, I am also ever thankful that we managed to make it through those 6 months apart. In addition, we not only managed to get good tenants (so far no fires in Sunset Way), we also found a comfortable apartment in Beijing while by God's grace, my student plans worked out and I have survived one semester in Tsinghua.

I am very thankful for God's faithfulness to me in spite of my unfaithfulness. In reality, this has been one of the lowest spiritual points in my life. Unfortunately, I never got round to getting plugged into a cell group and church remains an add-on versus a central part of our lives. While I could attribute this spiritual decline to the distractions and adjustments that I have been preoccupied with thus far, it is really just an excuse. Spiritually, all is not well and I know that there is much that needs to be repaired in 2013.

As I look into the new year, my key areas of focus would be:

  • Re-building my spiritual life: taking the time to re-connect with God and centre my life on Him.
  • Maximizing my time in school: more than just completing my MBA, I hope to experience other related aspects be it an exchange abroad, an internship and more competitions. But we'll see....
  • Improving myself: I would like to start utilizing all those farewell cookbooks I received and attempt cooking again in addition to brushing up on my Mandarin abilities. 

So stay tuned as I resume my journey towards becoming a domestic goddess while I have also started a student diary (学生的日记) which can be traced under student chronicles.

As you can tell, it's going to be an even better 2013!

No comments: