Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

A Spectacle Feat

For the past few months, I have been experiencing unusual (for me) contact lenses problems ranging from blurry vision to dryness. Finally, I decided to encourage myself to wear my glasses more often by making a new more "fashionable" versus functional pair. 

This led to the bitter sweet realization that my degree had miraculously improved by 25-50 degrees! Honestly, was not too sure what to make of this news as I was wondering (1) If my vision had been over corrected all this while thanks to a previous optometrist *gasps* OR (2) Was I facing early presbyopia which led to this "improvement". *oh no!* 

Guess the realist in me knew that it was quite unlikely that this could be attributed to (who am I kidding) the great eye care that I had been practising.

In addition to an eye test, was also given a complimentary eye examination only to receive more disconcerting news. Basically, my left eye showed signs of oxygen deprivation (which explained the blurry vision I guess) while my lens appeared to be more "discoloured" than it should be for a 31-year old, meaning that if this degeneration continued faster than usual, I could be a possible candidate for cataract. In fact, the optometrist thought I had an outdoor job. *gulps*

While I can't undo the past, this eye scare has been a wake up call for me to be more vigilant. *guilty shuffles*

While I harbour little pretension that I could carry off geeky specs like Anna Hathaway, it momentarily inspired me to give my specs another chance.

After being laughed at when I told people I was attempting a geek chic look, think I shall settle for looking intellectual.
As I adjust to my new specs and lack of a nose bridge, shall attempt to get used to a more specky me. 

No comments: