Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Detouring to Spruce

Thanks to my poor sense of direction, I very nearly didn't make it for brunch after a few wrong turns and misguided driving that set me back by nearly 45 minutes. Seriously, only someone like me can get lost in the heart of Singapore. *grrr*

Fortunately, my brunch kaki was patient enough and we managed to get round to the main agenda: a hearty meal at Spruce that left us reeling from all that carbo. While I was quite excited by their brunch menu, eventually opted for the signature burger which I subsequently realised was the exact same order as my last visit. So much for being adventurous. *doh*

Nevertheless, the quality didn't disappoint and their handcut fries tasted even better this time round as I like my fries a darker shade of brown. By big breakfast standards, their scrumptious versions were also good value for money.



Unveiling the Spruce British Brekkie: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Cumberland Sausage, Baked Beans, Roasted Tomato, Mushrooms and Foccacia Toast

Ploughing my way through the Spruce Signature burger topped with bacon and handcut fries

Boring me us stuck with chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream
Next brunch, will definitely make a conscious effort to move on to their benedict collection.

No comments: