Truly if I was to look back, would never have imagined that Ed would be my other half today and I believe I can safely say that for Ed too. After all, we are really quite different and our paths might never have even crossed if not for STB even though we stayed in the same HDB block for awhile! In spite of our differences, I now see how we are able to complement one another.
Ed shared one day that this verse came to mind: "We love because HE first loved us." The dutiful wife-to-be went searching for the source of this verse and found it in 1 John 4, specifically:
“Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us…We love because he first loved us.”
1 John 4: 11-12, 19
1 John 4: 11-12, 19
He felt that our wedding should be centred upon this: in celebration of our parents loving us and God's love for us enabling us to love each other as well as other people.
Subsequently, our theme got some verification when his aunt offered to sing a song at our wedding aptly titled: "Love in any Language". Check out this retro video by the original singer, Sandi Patty:
It's really really old and a tad long but this was the best version I heard which showcases her powerful vocals. Looking forward to hearing Ed's aunt sing come Sat, 11 Oct.
Re-reading the rest of 1 John 4, it is a reminder for me on what love is all about, which I have conveniently tucked to the back of my mind. Sigh..it's back to the drawing board as I re-learn the meaning of love.
No comments:
Post a Comment